You are not logged in.

Announcement

The return of official raids - Sign up now!   Learn how  ::  Do it.

#1 2010-02-25 13:54:29

duffry
Founder
Website

<ALL>Welcome post

We have recently started providing new raid members with a welcome post to say 'Hi' and show them around the place a little bit. This shouldn't contain anything existing members aren't familiar with already but wanted to make sure everyone has at least seen it.

If anyone wants to suggest anything we have forgotten to include in it then this is the place. Also, a number of the links to the wiki need to be maintained. You can do your bit towards making sure new members feel we know what we're about by ensuring these pages are up to date.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to The DMZ

We use our website and forum for a lot of our communication and so expect all of our members to familiarise themselves with its content and features. This can be pretty daunting at first so below you'll find a list of useful links to help you find your way around.

DMZ Wiki
The Wiki is a very handy feature that we have on our website. Here you will find the guilds rules, crafters lists, information about DKP and what you can and can't raid in pugs. There's lots of other information there too so please get to know this site.
DMZ Wiki home page

Rules
We don't like to ram a load of rules down our member's throats and generally just expect people to not be jerks to each other. We have put together a list of requirements for our raiders as well as a policy regarding PUGing raids. If you have any other questions please do direct them to an officer.
Initiates
Raider requirements
PUGing raids
Loot Rules
List of Officers

RaidNinja
This is where all members should sign up for our raids and preferably as far in advance as possible so that we can plan our raids accordingly. You will have to make an account with RaidNinja before being able to sign up yourself, this is explained in the wiki. The raid events listed on the front page of the site will link to the raidNinja signup sheet for that raid. Also, when there are new raids you need to sign up to the front page will alert you (as long as you are logged in).

If you have a raiding rank (raiding initiate counts also) you should ensure you sign for EVERY raid available in Raid Ninja, as either Available/Not Available or To Be Confirmed (with a note if one of the last two) and update as appropriate if your situation changes.

RaidNinja home page
RaidNinja wiki page
How we expect members to sign for raids

Required Guild Addons
We have a few addons that we require all raiders to have installed and up to date. You should make sure that these are updated regularly and always after a patch.
List of required addons

Mumble
We use Mumble to communicate in raids and all raiders are expected to have it installed, while it's not essential to have a microphone it is preferred that you do. You will find all the information you need for Mumble by clicking on the link below. As an initiate, you must ensure that PRIOR to the first raid you attend you have gone through the process of setting up Mumble and testing that it works. Delaying a raid due to this reflects very poorly on new initiates.
Mumble wiki page

Officer Support Forum
If any of our members have any problems that they want to discuss with the officers then this is the best place to do so. Only the person posting the topic and the officers can see what has been written here so it's a good place to air any grievances or concerns etc that you might have. A link to this is also provided on the front page of the site. You are of course free to whisper an officer about something minor and it can be dealt with as long as it is convenient.
Officer support forum
More info on this feature

Forum features
Our forum is a heavily customised version of punBB including many features unique to our site. The forum uses the normal BBcode tools common to many sites as well as a few we introduced ourselves. For example, you might want to sticky this post for future reference.
Forum post formatting
Member stickies

Thanks for taking the time to read this and we hope you enjoy your time with us
smile

Last edited by duffry (2012-05-04 17:42:08)

http://img.duffry.com/duff2.jpg

Duffinci

#2 2010-02-25 14:12:52

Hezekiah_pala
Forum member

Re: <ALL>Welcome post

I wish I'd had this back in the day when I forgot to bring food to my first initiate raid, had not really read the tactics well enough and tried to spend DKP points when the first boss was downed.

Nice welcome post.

"Phaser fire hits hull."

Hezekiah

#3 2010-02-25 16:30:51

Boradin

Hezekiah_pala wrote:

...when I forgot to bring food to my first initiate raid, had not really read the tactics well enough...

If only there was some way we could get people we've had raiding with us for years to stop doing that as well...

Jereth

#4 2010-02-25 16:58:56

XULU
Founder
Website

Stop fecking about on forums Jer and get your work done! We needs you tonight! sad

Xulu, Xeus, Sequoia, Dexter, Toohot, Tooteh, Toots, Hairynips, Porkchop...
I've had many names in my time, but for some reason I get called "Cunto" the most.
/shrug

Wildcard

#5 2010-02-25 22:19:00

xaktsaroth
Forum reader

Hm not noticed that sticky thingy before I read this post big_smile

Xaktsaroth

#6 2010-03-02 00:01:09

duffry
Founder
Website

Added a link to the new initiates page of the wiki.

http://img.duffry.com/duff2.jpg

Duffinci

#7 2010-03-02 01:01:52

Morphix

Thank you for the welcome i never got one because iv been here to long.

I dont think i can leave. Duffry, please never close the site.

Snuk

#8 2011-02-28 12:37:17

Boradin

Recent update to welcome post for those who are interested. Updated with stronger language around sign-ups (new paragraph in RN section).

Also, a few Wiki pages updated to reflect the new language and current status quo;
PUGing raids
How we expect members to sign for raids

Jereth

#9 2011-02-28 15:43:47

yuluthu
Banned

Add a section on how to avoid me

Yulism

Board footer