You are not logged in.

Announcement

The return of official raids - Sign up now!   Learn how  ::  Do it.

#1 2015-02-20 12:13:54

XULU
Founder
Website

Spam

So, the only people that ever create threads on our site are DMZ members or people we know. Can we not just lock down new threads or replies to forum members, and add an approval process to the forum registration? Alternatively (and probably better) only allow newly registered forum members to post if they're approved in some way?

I think I'd rather have to administer an approval process than keep having to delete forum spam tongue

Xulu, Xeus, Sequoia, Dexter, Toohot, Tooteh, Toots, Hairynips, Porkchop...
I've had many names in my time, but for some reason I get called "Cunto" the most.
/shrug

Wildcard

#2 2015-02-20 12:45:38

Insane

Re: Spam

Agree, if you can give ranks to people on forum that only admin people can do, then all new accounts can not do anything till you let them that would solve the problem.

smile

http://i.imgur.com/PtoTWtF.png

Insane

#3 2015-02-20 16:48:42

Kyri

I've suggested that ages ago but the problem was that new applicants couldn't post (or something like that). I suggested to make a fill-in form instead of a copy/paste post. But nobody has time or knowledge to make one.

http://i.imgur.com/I7QlE.png

Kyriana

#4 2015-02-20 18:13:23

XULU
Founder
Website

Good point, although new applicants could request access, and then we can grant it. Not ideal, but considering recruitment is closed, that's probably not much of an issue at the moment big_smile

Xulu, Xeus, Sequoia, Dexter, Toohot, Tooteh, Toots, Hairynips, Porkchop...
I've had many names in my time, but for some reason I get called "Cunto" the most.
/shrug

Wildcard

Board footer