You are not logged in.

Announcement

The return of official raids - Sign up now!   Learn how  ::  Do it.

#1 2015-03-08 15:11:17

showmo

Blackhand HC

A Quickie

Elvis was a Cajun..

Showmo

#2 2015-04-10 23:42:45

illusion
Forum member

Re: Blackhand HC

I found this tactic for dealing with balcony adds I wanted to share with you.

In the video below, they use a hunter to disengage into the balcony, and take out adds right at their spawn point, since they always spawn at the same spot. This saves the first smash group lots of time on the balcony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-htDzlg_qU&t=116

And here the same thing with a boomkin flapping into the balcony:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq3RMFSSYVs

This can also be done by warlocks' demonic leap or warriors with hc leap.

Vorcy

#3 2015-04-11 10:44:33

XULU
Founder
Website

Rofl, awesome - might be worth a shot. I wonder if a warriors heroic leap might also work to get on there?

Xulu, Xeus, Sequoia, Dexter, Toohot, Tooteh, Toots, Hairynips, Porkchop...
I've had many names in my time, but for some reason I get called "Cunto" the most.
/shrug

TooHot

#4 2015-04-11 10:49:51

Athenamyst
Officer

That boomkin flapping over has me in stitches lol

Athenamyst

#5 2015-04-11 10:51:13

Athenamyst
Officer

XULU wrote:

Rofl, awesome - might be worth a shot. I wonder if a warriors heroic leap might also work to get on there?

That was the very last thing Vorcy said wink

Athenamyst

#6 2015-04-11 12:28:04

Teq

Method have a completely different set-up for phase 1:
- Blackhand is tanked in the centre - so Smash doesn't send tank into slag
- when he drops slag bombs, hunter goes in with Deterrence and sets them all off
- ranged run around the outside as a group during demolition, leaving the piles in  4 neat areas S, W, N & E

In phase 2, not sure, but it looks like the tank is ALSO kiting the siege engine - looking at the 2nd siege engine, the hunter is running a little ahead just outside of the clockwise path. This means it is always in a predictable place, near the boss, who is tanked around the outside of the room, leaving the centre always clear of slag bombs.

In phase 3, tanked same place we do, but ranged stay in the centre and tank is on the left of the boss (as ranged see it). First slag bombs placed where we put them, but second set are placed in a curved line around the circle of the previous slag (to left of boss from ranged view). This means they don't have to run through melee to drop slag and all the right side is clear for the Marked for Death. This seems to alternate. Not clear from the video how they soak shattering smash.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Tequima

#7 2015-04-11 12:40:52

XULU
Founder
Website

I don't think we need to change our tactics for phase 1 or 2 now Teq. We are still a little messy in P2 because of mistakes, but in general the tactic is getting us to P3 just fine.

The P3 tactic looks interesting though. My DPS certainly getting hampered quite drastically in P3 with all the movement and knock-backs, so if there's a chance I can just in the middle and nuke, that would certainly be something worth looking in to IMO.

Xulu, Xeus, Sequoia, Dexter, Toohot, Tooteh, Toots, Hairynips, Porkchop...
I've had many names in my time, but for some reason I get called "Cunto" the most.
/shrug

TooHot

#8 2015-04-11 13:11:17

Kyri

Are they giving the tank BoP to take the smash solo? Or am I mistaken?

Anyway, like Xulu said, our strategy for P1 and P2 are fine. People just need to stop maken stupid mistakes and we're golden. Yes, I know everyone can make a mistake once in a while. But some here make 1-2 mistakes every single attempt... I mean.. really.. stop it.

http://i.imgur.com/I7QlE.png

Kyriana

#9 2015-04-11 15:35:19

Teq

I think the key thing with the ranged stacking and running in a group in Ph1 is the reduced overall damage - a consistent 50% less according to several of the videos I watched. Method's was the first I saw with the boss tanked in the centre.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Tequima

#10 2015-04-11 15:41:30

Insane

i would honestly not worry about p1 if people do it the way we have no one dies - people only die when they don't do what we are meant to.

P2 again is the same just relax and watch your movement and feet - the dps will come naturally.

P3 stand just behind tank and dps, move when you get bombs and mark for death - use CD's to stay alive the damage is high so help us healers out.

http://i.imgur.com/PtoTWtF.png

Insane

Board footer