You are not logged in.

Announcement

The return of official raids - Sign up now!   Learn how  ::  Do it.

#1 2018-05-08 18:32:15

Holyflame
Officer

12 years of DMZ

today is the DMZ's 12th year of existence.

Congratulations to us all. Whether u have been since start or only just a few days the DMZ is glad to have(had) you.

What was your most memorable moment since you've been here?

For me personally it was the Empress (HoF) kill one of the first bosses i raidlead with mcuh chaotic a most glorious kill with all the needed banter ofcourse from some great players and persons smile

To another 12 years of DMZ beer

In the light we are one!

Holyflame

#2 2018-05-08 18:53:28

Fiboss
Officer

Re: 12 years of DMZ

Happy Birthday The DMZ big_smile

I'm honored to have been part of The DMZ for 10 of those years, so many memories, some amazing, some great, some shit, the raids, the drama, the laughter, the tears, the late night chats on voice, all of those things, but, our Guildies make this my home in the World of Warcraft universe! I couldn't imagine or want to be anywhere else. <3

Here is to 12 more fun filled years  beer

Holyfi

#3 2018-05-08 19:02:30

Insane

Simply for me was my first raid, I had watched all the videos and thought I was ready.

Get a nice introduction from Holy about how he was raid leader and i would hear his voice a lot (a lot does not cover how much), and within seconds he was covering tactics.

Holy goes on to say "Watch the Jetty, it's a one shot". I honestly was to embarrassed to say I had no idea what he was talking about, mid fight "Jetty is about to charge". I actually was looking for a demonic Jetty charging from out of no where. Was not till the damn Yeti pasted by my face so close I could smell its breath, that I understood what he was saying.

My other moment was Fi  in a round room with 1 door in and out getting lost!!!

Last edited by Insane (2018-05-08 19:03:42)

http://i.imgur.com/PtoTWtF.png

Insane

#4 2018-05-09 15:50:32

Jonibb
Forum member

Hi Holy - guess I was along at that kill - probably as the chaotic part - lol

http://i.imgur.com/2szCpyt.png

Jonibb

#5 2018-05-10 16:15:24

Kyri

Time flies when you're having fun! smile

My memorable DMZ moment? ooph.. that's a tough one. Probably when we killed the Lich King for the first time. Man that fight was long and rewarding.

http://i.imgur.com/I7QlE.png

Kyriana

#6 2018-05-10 19:37:51

Darkaegis
Forum member

Vashj and Naj'entus in one night.
RoS down in one night.
First Illidan kill (even though I was only on vent)
Screwing up on undying runs and messing up the achievement for everyone.
Yogg+0
Denzo accidentally killing the norgannon add.

Lots of good memories.

http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/2/4/7/9/7/6024797FFyvx.png

#7 2018-05-10 21:52:48

Asgaar

happy birthday all. great family to be with.

I prob have to mention 2 moments hahahhahaha:
1. Falling asleep during the raid while Duff explaining tactic, waking up 30min after finding giot kicked from raid but still on vent: ehm guys why am i not in the group??? cause u were asleep m8 hahahahhahahahah
2. raiding from a dark hall sitting on the floor in a hotel in mauritius with laptop on my laps and ppl looking at me like crazy, dude go to the beach or get drunk????? nope i gotta raid.

.                      http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/Ragazzo_Che_Vola/IfAEqq8_zpsqs0kvym4.png

Asgaar

#8 2018-05-11 07:13:47

Moonadin

Tanking the flames of azzinoth in the Illidan encounter, Werfenweng falling asleep during a Naxx raid (running in circles for 30 minutes smile) ), doing the hard mode achievements in Ulduar with Syrinx/Elouise........good times

http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/moondogjr09.png

Moonnymph

#9 2018-05-12 12:14:52

BiG-L-3.7
Forum member

Oh, im late wink
Happy birthday DMZ
Most memorable moment for me is still duffry, as commander, dropping a supply-crate on our helicopter in a clanmatch back in the days, when we played BF2. Great stuff smile

Cheers Nibs

Last edited by BiG-L-3.7 (2018-05-12 12:17:18)

[<Forgive your enemy but remember the bastard's name!>]

#10 2018-05-13 04:46:56

Arcane

Happy Birthday to The DMZ!

I’ve loved my time here and although I’m not around much now, the times I do come back, I’m made to feel as welcome as I was on day 1!
This guild is just so full of love and genuine friendship that it truely does set you all apart from every other guild in this game.

My favourite kill... Illidan! I’ve never heard such relief, excitement and pride as when he went down.
Also had to love Duffs tactic speeches. Never know.
Does anyone else remember 13% by the way?

Last edited by Arcane (2018-05-13 04:49:45)

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
# Athíest the LifeGrip Ninja #
~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Athíest

#11 2018-05-13 08:33:35

Athenamyst
Officer

Happy 12th birthday to my beloved DMZ.
Can't believe I've been a part of this amazing guild for 10 years.
How can I list so many happy times?

Joining in TBC with my fellow LST guildmates.
Holyfi, Jereth, Horz, Athiest, Paaw etc. I became an officer here within weeks then later on I was the guildmaster before Holyflame took on the thankless job wink
The guild went from strength to strength and we cleared the content in super fast time. My own personal favourite kills which were of  course Illidan and getting my first warglaive first time. Killing Archimonde ( Drizzt!) Kael'thas and Vashj who Duff pronounced like Vag and would all have us giggling like children.
Having drunken chats on mumble with Jereth and Horz and finding out Horz laughs like a donkey when he is in hysterics and me laughing like Muttley when I get going smile

Many people in the thread have listed several of my favourite moments.
We've been through a lot together and there's no other guild I'd rather be as this is and always will be my home.
Let's hope the next 12 years are just as great beer

Athenamyst

#12 2018-05-13 09:49:17

Darkaegis
Forum member

Arcane wrote:

Does anyone else remember 13% by the way?

Oh yes. Yes they do. Never living that one down.

http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/2/4/7/9/7/6024797FFyvx.png

#13 2018-05-15 23:21:07

Cholman
Forum member

Where to even begin on this one. I'll be as candid and genuine as I can.

I'm now coming up to my 4th year of active service, a comparatively short amount of time given some of the other members here.

During that time I've managed to sneak into the raid team without a trial, TWICE! So if any of you officer folks are reading you might want to put me on one of those at some point. My first ever raiding experience was Siege of Orgrimmar Mythic. I'd revised all the strats and everything but in my first proper raid the nervousness set in bad. Guess who stood on the tank platform on Immerseus Mythic and died in front of Okerhs? Oh yes, that was me folks. I still remember the withering wheeze he made on Mumble when I did it. I felt for sure that I'd done cocked it up for good. But I persisted and sneakily applied to stick around through Warlords of Draenor.

I've stuck around long enough to experience some truly special raiding moments. I endured 194 attempts on Blackhand heroic, and shoutout to any of the 194 crew still hanging around here. I've gone from a player who's understanding of raiding was purely LFR to being a full fledged mythic raider with plenty of stories to tell.

I remember my first experience of the DMZ last pull of the night magic on Ko'ragh heroic in Highmaul. I remember the first ever pirate time on that stupid cart by Blast Furnace, Jippe soloing the last 7% of Fel Lord Zakuun. I'll always remember Jedima hijacking the robot on Socrethar (Sorry Jed if you're reading this). From Siege of Orgrimmar to Antorus it's been quite an experience, and made all the more rewarding winding up Ath every opportunity I got! In that vein, the amount of shenanigans on Mumble and Discord are too many to list, feel free to list your own Cholman Moments in a Greatest Hits format. However I will say that the Chillout Lounge gang rule, you know who you are!

For me however, the guild has affected me on a very personal level. Probably more than most. I've met quite a few of you in real life (you unfortunate souls) and we've shared laughs and many beers (or coffees for you teetotallers out there like Insane). I've inflicted my own unique personality and lack of shame on each of you in a public space at least once, and I hope to do the same to more of you in future.

I've fallen in love here, experienced heartbreak and personal hardship, and all of this has helped me grow as a person. But there's one particular experience that will always top them all and illustrates beautifully the strength of the bonds we make and acts of genuine kindness we can end up experiencing here as guild mates.

Some of you may know that I'm a stickler for dates. Well it turns out 3 years ago on this day I went into surgery for a lifesaving operation. Fi, against all better judgement and at very short notice made the 8 and a half hour drive with Cheeni from Glasgow to Maidenhead to see me after I left recovery because she knew that it would have meant the world to me at the time. It was an act that humbled me and still touches me to this day. I don't think I'll ever be able to thank her enough. Our community is truly special and I need only think of that one day to remind myself of that.

Times can be great, and sometimes bleak. I know that in either case as long as I'm here in this guild I will experience them all surrounded by some of the best friends I'll ever have.

https://i.imgur.com/qXAZJGV.png

Cholman

#14 2018-05-16 19:17:33

Insane

Cholman, you big softy but love you all the same my friend smile

http://i.imgur.com/PtoTWtF.png

Insane

#15 2018-05-17 21:25:23

Athenamyst
Officer