You are not logged in.

Announcement

The return of official raids - Sign up now!   Learn how  ::  Do it.

#26 2008-09-22 19:14:49

Athenamyst
Officer

Re: Naxxramas, seriously.

duffry wrote:

TTH Grand Widow Faerlina Strat wrote:

To keep your melee in better shape you may want everyone to be in 150 Fire Resist with very good items.

Anyone else think of Ath reading that?
tongue

Grrr,well at least now its gonna come in useful for something!!!

Athenamyst

#27 2008-09-22 22:51:54

Fiboss
Officer

Pellaxia wrote:

Naxx attunement:

You need to be honoured or better with the Argent Dawn and hand over a small amount of mats and gold to the Argent Dawn:

At Honoured: 5x[Arcane Crystal] (2g50s ea), 2x[Nexus Crystal] (10g ea), 1x[Righteous Orb] (40g ea), 60g (122.5 total)

At Revered: 2x[Arcane Crystal] (2g50s ea), 1x[Nexus Crystal] (10g ea), 30g (45g total)

At Exalted: Free

Both [Arcane Crystal] and [Nexus Crystal] are on the AH in large quantities as of this evening for about 10g each.

You hand them in at Light's Hope Chapel.

In summary: Attunement will cost you about 20 minutes' worth of dailies if you are Revered and nothing if you are Exalted.

Arcane crystals now 8G Righteous Orb..................88G   sad

Holyfi

#28 2008-09-22 23:17:19

Pellaxia
Forum member

1-2 typically drop per Strat Living run (and they're pretty quick at 70 with 2-3 people say).

Also I think I've got one in my bank which you can borrow if you like smile

Pellaxia

#29 2008-09-22 23:19:25

Fiboss
Officer

ouch i should have read this sooner!   thanks pell but just bought one ah well ..smile

attuned now...have a parents night thingy to go to on Wed night but will come on when i get back :_)

Last edited by Fiboss (2008-09-23 00:03:11)

Holyfi

#30 2008-09-25 09:38:03

Fiboss
Officer

sorry about last night had a parents night thing, came home had some dinner then promptly fell asleep on the sofa!!!!!!!!!  woke up at midnight! sad

Sorry guys.

Holyfi

#31 2008-09-25 11:21:53

Boradin

Just want to say for the record I really enjoyed last night. Although my feelings are not quite as strong as Paaw, I'm of a similar vein in that I've never really been enamoured with Old-School runs as I don't get to enjoy any of the feelings of nostalgia that all of those pre-TBC raiders enjoy, and practically 99% of the gear is all for show nothing will ever be actually used. The MC run he mentioned in LST was a good example, while it's great for the guys who have fond memories of what it was like, I just thought it was a big cave where practically all of the bosses could just be steam-rollered without any thought. What drives me as a raider is seeing something new that is a challenge, well-designed, and makes people work to beat it, Naxx offered that much, much more that I expected (had heard people talk about it a lot but never really knew).

Brilliantly designed instance, creepy as f*ck, lots of bosses with different tactics to learn but without masses and masses of trash to clear before them. Even with that though the trash is fun, cleverly designed in places but fun to oblierate in one big group when not big_smile

Also a credit that tactics were still required even for a group of 70's who've killed Illidan, and if they weren't properly executed it was a wipe. I like the fact that an Old-School place can bring us mighty raiders down a peg or two tongue

Anyways, to summarise all of that lot, Naxx was a great laugh, and thanks for setting it up big_smile

Jereth

#32 2008-09-25 11:24:29

Avonar
Forum member

It was good fun - thank you very much for setting it up.

Nothing made the eeriness hit home quite as hard as that woman's voice that you could hear wafting through the instance.... brilliant. smile

Oh - and apologies for my grumpiness last night, very sorry.

How did you guys end up doing?

Avonar

#33 2008-09-25 11:34:54

Phaeidon
Forum member

Jereth wrote:

Anyways, to summarize all of that lot, Naxx was a great laugh, and thanks for setting it up big_smile

yea i guess it was ok, now can we please focus on outlands? The naxx fights and strategy may be similar in wotlk and i guess it's nice to see the place now and after, but that one run pretty much did it for me.

Callimero

#34 2008-09-25 11:38:22

Horz

I'd personally like to see rest of Naxx this week before reset, and i'll be quite happy to go back there on any non raid nights tbh.

7 years is a lifetime in game-time and the old generation of WoW talks make me smile. We all got old and grumpy.

Now get off mah lawn.

Horzilicious

#35 2008-09-25 12:12:03

fraksyre
Forum member

yup me too, im up for another venture into the dread citadel

Arturius

#36 2008-09-25 12:56:37

XULU
Founder
Website

You miserable shit Vik tongue
This was a non-raid day bit of fun, if you dont like it you dont have to come, but this has nothing to do with our focus on Outland content.

Xulu, Xeus, Sequoia, Dexter, Toohot, Tooteh, Toots, Hairynips, Porkchop...
I've had many names in my time, but for some reason I get called "Cunto" the most.
/shrug

Wildcard

#37 2008-09-25 12:56:50

Jonyblak

sooooo...
how far did you guys get?

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a614/Shakir0247/20121017_JBSig.jpg

JB

#38 2008-09-25 13:08:05

Boradin

Phaeidon wrote:

yea i guess it was ok, now can we please focus on outlands? The naxx fights and strategy may be similar in wotlk and i guess it's nice to see the place now and after, but that one run pretty much did it for me.

Duff already said last night mate, that mucking about in Naxx would not lead to any change in focus from our normal raiding content at all, and our main goal is still to farm T6 from now until WOTLK.

Naxx is/was just a bit of fun on a non-raid night that no-one actually had to go to if they didn't want to, and no-one would (or should) think anyone less of someone if they choose not to go.

Jonyblak wrote:

sooooo...how far did you guys get?

Spider wing (3 bosses) clear, 2 bosses down in Abomination wing, 1 down in Plague wing.

Jereth

#39 2008-09-25 13:58:47

fraksyre
Forum member

i for one would still like to attempt 4 horsemen as i've heard even at lvl 70 its still a challenging encounter

Arturius

#40 2008-09-25 14:19:31

duffry
Founder
Website

Too add to what others have said.

Phaeidon wrote:

now can we please focus on outlands?

Not sure if you noticed Vik but we have already focussed on outlands, and beaten it.
The focus of everyone in the guild has been very impressive and the results have been rightly acknowledged by the community.

That focus comes at a cost though and many are a little frazzled by the drive we have maintained over the past months (while many other guilds faltered and had a rest). I think it only appropriate that we have a bit of a blow-out and kick back a bit.

Despite being variously easy and fun (Jer seeing if he can pull the while damn room at once) to instant-wipage people kept a high degree of attention and drive along with high spirits (despite my being distracted and kinda grumpy). It was good fun and highly enjoyable, exactly what playing a game with friends should be. There was little tension about gear especially as anything that dropped was just for flash.

TBH I wouldn't have a big problem with staying there all week and blowing off T6 cas that stuff isn't going in the patch and all the loot we get is very soon going to become 'just for flash' as well.

That's not what I'm suggesting cos obviously the T6 bling is more interesting for many despite Wrath and a fair few are yet to see all the fights they want to.

I want to add my thanks to all - on the first boss I was set to give us cos it looked like we didn't have enough prep or power. I'm so glad we didn't.
I'm now really looking forward to 'the Kara of WotLK' and have a real drive to get raid-ready in Wrath now. GJ

http://img.duffry.com/duff2.jpg

Duffinci

#41 2008-09-25 14:46:06

fraksyre
Forum member

id suggest piss around in naxx on offdays and if we clear BT out again just to keep spirits high and peeps relaxed

Arturius

#42 2008-09-25 14:55:31

Dreamscythe

duffry wrote:

TBH I wouldn't have a big problem with staying there all week and blowing off T6 cas that stuff isn't going in the patch and all the loot we get is very soon going to become 'just for flash' as well.

True, yet its still nice feeling of an "achievement" to wear T6 loot, not mentioning that its quality will (arguably) last for a good few levels in lich king, helping with leveling.

But yeah, Naxx is fun, cant wait for it in WotLK smile

OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Dreamscythe

#43 2008-09-25 16:10:13

duffry
Founder
Website

Dreamscythe wrote:

duffry wrote:

True, yet its still nice feeling of an "achievement" to wear T6 loot, not mentioning that its quality will (arguably) last for a good few levels in lich king, helping with leveling.

But yeah, Naxx is fun, cant wait for it in WotLK smile

Spot on, and that's why I think farming MH & BT is of more value that Sunwell adventures. But as Leo said, if the patch means we can fly through MH & BT then we might as well do Sunwell stuff too.

http://img.duffry.com/duff2.jpg

Duffinci

#44 2008-09-25 16:10:52

Hunterdrizzt

sorry i couldnt make it last night smile sounded like fun, but i guess i can wait until wotlk (plus, having already solo'ed one naxx boss on my DK+meeting all the others, i feel content)

http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/5/5/5/7/5/3955575UDVYa.png
http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/5/5/5/9/3/3955593gPqQw.png

Hunterdrizzt

Board footer